A Word-Smith's Substance (old)

An expression of things that randomly pop into the area in the north of my physical being that I like to call my analytic-box.

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

I'll do it my way


Is the month that you are born in responsible for the amount of luck you receive in life? Be part of the experiment here.

Do you have a sunny outlook about life? Find out here.

Am I lucky or do I have a sunny outlook about life? What do you think?

Personally, I live each day as it happens. Yet I make plans for my future. Generally, I believe that most of the time, I happen to be at the appropriate place at the appropriate time for the things that were meant to happen to me.

Yep, I do believe that a lot of things are more than mere coincidence. Rather, the positive power of your thought sets in motion the energies of the environment to make what you think about or wish for come true.

On Sunday afternoon, as I was preparing to go out and watch a movie on my own, I silently said to myself, “I need a job that allows me to travel.” At the cinema, after I settled into my seat, I was surprised to discover that the couple to my left were people that I know, but lost touch with. We did a quick catch up and when he heard me say I am a writer, he asked, “Would you be interested to do travel writing?” (Would I be interested? Of course!) Turns out he's now in publishing and the publisher he works for is always looking for writers. So I gave him my contact and I've been keeping my fingers crossed since.

Some time in the middle of last week, a girlfriend called to as for a small favour. I obliged as she had given me contact for job and head-hunting agencies during my search last month. Suddenly, she persuaded me to contact a certain head-hunter again because it seems the lady heard some positive stuff about me recently but needed a jolt to her memory again. So I dropped an email to the lady on Monday and we spoke this afternoon. There are a couple of better-paying job opportunities that she offered, and I’m willing to explore. More money's always good!

The freakiest incident has to be last night.

I reached home and announced to my housemate that I was going to ask a friend whether he was free for dinner tonight. But I was distracted with other things, and it slipped my mind. An hour later, I remembered about it so I picked up my mobile to message this friend. There was a message waiting for me. When I read it, it was the same friend asking me whether I was free for dinner tonight! My housemate couldn't believe it either and we had a good laugh about it.

I know a lot of folks out there are inclined to brush these off as really lucky coincidences. But how many sheer coincidences can one person experience in such a short span of time?

I say our life is what we make and create of it. This is so true...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home