One for Kimitsu
Friday marks the beginning of the weekend and the slow decline of the week. It's been an unusual week for me and I'm hoping that it passes quicker.
Six of us celebrated Kimi's birthday yesterday - the birthday boy, Song, Zhen Han, Xander, Chloe and myself. It was his wish for something quiet with the crew of INDULGE!. After all, like Kimi puts it, INDULGE! has been a part of his life for more than a year.
Anyone who spotted us six at the cafe or at Spinelli's will have found us an odd bunch. Four guys and two girls. All obviously different from one another yet bonding over cheap food and good coffee. Then it was a short stop at Zouk for Chloe, Kimi and myself. I felt really ancient as I could sing along to almost 80% of the tunes played during Mambo Jambo. We decided to head to Liquid Room before Chloe fell asleep while sitting on her stool. Stingray was a dear to spin some of the trance tunes that Kimi requested for. All in a good night.
Looking back, I'm amazed at the bond that Kimi and I have formed over the last year or so. He's probably closer to me than my own blood brother! He knows all the things that happen to me: who I have a huge crush on, who's stepped on my toes in the past day or two, who has insulted me with derogatory sexual remarks, who I would like to see disappear from the face of the earth, who I would shag in a second, where I would love to travel to if I had the chance, why I get up to my silly antics when we go out...
He understands me so well, and also respects me for who I am. I really respect him too, both as a friend and a fellow crew member of the site. So I get really offended when people don't take him seriously.
We have our differences ocassionally and these lead to minor spats (yes, I tend to be quite a diva most times...). But after an hour or so, we've put the incident behind us and totally forgot what the disagreement was about. Perhaps it's Kimi's forgiving nature that makes people take him for granted or think that they can take advantage of him.
When we celebrate his birthday next year, I don't know whether half of yesterday's bunch will be present. But that's how life is, ever changing and unpredictable. I just hope that this time next year, at least there's me to celebrate Kimi's birthday with him.
This is for you Kimitsu Yogachi san. Happy birthday once again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home