A song for me lady
Someone asked why I put so much song lyrics on my other blog. Well, I think it's food for thought, that's why it's there!
I've been spending a lot of time at home just chilling out or at the computer. And when I'm home, I must have music. In fact I'll listen to music whenever possible. It's because I grew up with music. I remember Saturday and Sunday mornings when I was about five or six, prone on my stomach on the kitchen floor, in front of the small transistor radio listening to FM 90.5, while the background was filled with the sound of mom scrubbing clothes on a washing board.
So I've been playing albums that have collected dust for the past year or so. Certain songs stick in my mind very clearly. This could be due to some memory associated to it at the time I first heard it, or the lyrics hold some meaning in relation to my life, or simply because they make me feel the emotion the song's supposed to express.
I can't write melodies. So I really admire these songwriters for being able to put their feelings to song. They are writers as well as poets too, but they manage to put it to song and this makes their message more accessible to the masses.
Maybe I should dust off the old chord book, tune my guitar and start strumming again. Who knows, in a year's time, I may even write my own song!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home