A Word-Smith's Substance (old)

An expression of things that randomly pop into the area in the north of my physical being that I like to call my analytic-box.

Thursday, December 25, 2003

Loss for words


I was actually in a fairly good mood, having had Christmas lunch with my mom and brother. Absolutely funny the way my brother used Hokkien to pass comments about the fruit cake and cookies I brought home. Just the three of us: cosy, loving, happy.

As I was clearing my desk, I came across a note written almost six years ago. I didn't read it then, choosing to bring it back with me to read it in the safety of my own room. Wise choice.

Reading the note brought back alot of happy memories, so much so that I cried. I only remembered the happy times, the youth, the happiness. I couldn't recall anys ad moments. Then, questions of what may have been, what I may have become flooded my mind. And I shed tears again.

This is what Kimi said when I shared with him my thoughts: Don't look so far ahead, and don't look back. Look back only to learn from your mistakes, and not lay on your laurels or harp on bitter past.

I don't know how to end this blog. For once a writer is at a loss for words. How ironic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home