Someone's watching out for me
I'm not a religious person. But I do believe that there's a higher being (whom most people refer to as God) who's watching over me and making sure that things turn out well.
When I resigned on 26 December 2003, friends asked me what I would be doing. I replied without thinking, "Chill out and bum around for two months before working again." I didn't think it would be so true.
Since 27 January this year, I've really been chilling out or bumming around. If I'm not at the beach on a weekeday having a peaceful sun tan, I'll be reading or writing at home, meeting friends for coffee and partying on weekdays.
Things on the job front were plodding along until last week when I was called in for a few interviews. Following all that, I managed to get invited to the official opening of Zouk KL (it happened yesterday night). Earlier in the week, I told a friend that the trip would be sweeter if I was coming back from it to a permanent job.
Today is 26 March, exactly two months since I began leading a bum's life. It's also my last weekday as a bum. On the following Monday, I start full-time work again. Talk about good timing!
When I began looking for a job again, I told myself I'll find something that pays me better and the company will recognise all my past efforts. I will be getting a slightly better salary and while my business card will read 'copywriter', my role is more of an editor.
So next week marks the beginning of another phase of my life. I can't wait for it to happen...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home