This is the end, my only friend, the end...
I've been on a self-imposed exile for the last month or so.
Keeping away from people I don't want to meet, to instead meet only those who talk about general things rather than their personal problems.
Avoiding events where I've to socialise and invest attention on a superficial level, to hang out instead with only those who won't feel offended if I decide to sit in a corner and nurse my white wine.
I geuss I've come to a point where I view everything with mirth. I feel that all these so-called problems that a person has are a result of his/her own doing.
You get disappointed because you expected something that didn't happen. You get angry because you feel that someone else has let you down. You feel sad when you lose something that you always believed would be yours or remain with you.
Honey, the thing is, all these standards or codes of conduct are yours and yours alone. Other people may not subscribe to the same thought. Different people live by different codes of conduct and morals. So don't be disappointed if someone thinks it's okay to spill the beans on everything he/she knows, while you don't.
The catch is to know that there's no right or wrong behaviour.
The person who tells all can be as right as, or as wrong as, the person who prefers to keep his/her mouth shut. The person who thinks it's okay to steal ideas from someone else to improve on them can be as right or as wrong as the person who chooses to guard his/her ideas with utmost secrecy.
There's no right or wrong when it comes to how people behave. It's just a matter of which is a better way for you. But it's only when you expect other people to live by your standards that you begin to feel betrayed or let down by others.
This is also linked to the fact that whatever is or is not happening to you now is a result of the actions you undertook sometime in the past. Nothing happens by coincidence for everything and every meeting happens for a reason. If you are alert and can identify what led to your current situation, you'll understand why you are in it now. This will help you to plan your next step to lead you to your final ideal destination/scenario.
I'm not sure how many people will understand my point. It's akin to understanding that all things in this world is made up of matter that's inter-connected to each other, and are all the same. But matter is all vibrating at different frequencies, so something vibrating faster will appear as a tree while something vibrating slower will appear as tarmac.
Gosh, a little too deep for Sunday evening reading matter...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home