Emotion-ruled weekend
The weekend that just passed was a package of mixed emotions. Not on my part, but from friends.
First, all the good news:
Doris's sister gave birth to baby Gordon on Friday.
Bosco got engaged to Maggie on Saturday and he's over the moon. He should be; they've been going out for almost two years and I think she makes a really good match for him.
Bibiana and Mark Beuhler welcomed Valerie Yien Ting into our planet on Saturday in Switzerland.
My congratulations to all the happy people.
Now the not-so-happy news - girl friends with guy problems:
Met with Geetha on Saturday.
Spoke with Chloe on Sunday when she bunked over at my place (after Sven Vath no less!).
Spoke with Josephine over the phone on Sunday night.
Been messaging Joyce over the past couple of days to make sure she's okay.
I've become an Aunt-Agony of sorts to my girl friends whenever they have guy problems. Maybe it's because I seldom have guy problems?! And this could probably be due to my attitude towards relationships between opposite genders - if it happens, it happens.
Currently, I'm at an age where I can't be considered old, neither can I be considered that young. But I passed my quarter-life crisis five years ago (three years before I turned 25) and I've experienced quite a bit in my very short existence on this earth. I've reached the point where I know alot of things are beyond our control. All you have to do is go with the flow and enjoy the process/journey.
So what was my advice to my girl friends (and everyone else actually)? It's the same thing said in different ways:
Do whatever makes you happy, regardless of what other people say.
Surround yourself with supportive people, and stay away as best as you can from those that do nothing for your self-esteem.
Don't have too much expectations or hanker after something that seems impossible to achieve.
Discard all the sad memories, keep only the happy ones. But remember all the lessons learned.
Personally, I can remember the happy moments of the past few days:
Dinner @ Spizza with friends on Friday before chilling out to Tiesto's Nyana CD 2, Andain's Beautiful Things and Train's Drops of Jupiter. (Weird mix I know, but they're all happy tunes!)
Wine and cheese @ The Wine Company with friends on Saturday evening.
Walking through Bukit Timah Hill followed by a simple lunch with friends on Sunday morning.
Interviewing Sven Vath on Sunday, before partying to his techno set @ Zouk.
Coffee with friends @ Wheelock Place Olio Dome. on Sunday afternoon.
Dinner @ Mama Lucia followed by drinks @ Sound Bar to celebrate Carol's birthday tonight.
Simple pleasures, simple happiness, great memories.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home