A little NZ charm
We have two guests at our place this week - my landlord's mother-in-law and her sister.
My landlord's Chinese but his wife is Kiwi and their kids were adopted from Cambodia. So even before I met his mother-in-law, I've no doubt that she's a pretty cool lady who's not rascist. We couldn't say no when my landlord said they were going to stay here. After all, the place does belong to his mother-in-law!
The two ladies are as Kiwi as you can get - truly friendly, speak English well and have such blonde hair! What's amazing is that both are at least in their 60s yet they are so fit and energetic. They're up by 7am and sleep by 11pm. Oh, I forgot to mention that they're actually en route to Nepal for some trekking. Impressive eh?
What's great is that we don't feel as if anything has changed much since they've arrived. We wake in the morning and leave for work as they are waking up to go for a brisk walk. When we come back at around 8pm, they're still not back. When they get back around 10.30pm, they shower then head into their room immediately.
A pity we don't really talk much to them because of our busy schedule. I'm sure we'd both learn alot from these two experienced ladies.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home