A Word-Smith's Substance (old)

An expression of things that randomly pop into the area in the north of my physical being that I like to call my analytic-box.

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

I want it all

I experienced a very interesting conversation this evening.

I was speaking to an exteremly matured individual about my career and educational choices. I expressed worry that I may not be able to begin on the course until a couple of months later due to work commitments. He replied that I'm someone who wants to do both at the same time, and do both well. He has no doubt that I can do it. He further commented that I had a very international outlook when I expressed interests to travel for work or studies.

I was slightly surprised at his astute observations.

I don't deny that everything that I do, I want to do well. I'm not looking to be recognised by the masses, or receive accolades from all channels. As long as the relevant people recognise my efforts whether at work or at studies, I'll feel like I've accomplished something in my life.

A friend commented that I seem to lead such a busy life. Work, INDULGE, lessons, going out, writing, blogging, reading. How much can one person cram in 24-hours, 7-days a week? According to my friends, I've shown them that anyone can do a lot as long as time is planned and managed well.

I must admit, I feel that there's so much I do not know and I want to learn it all but there's so little time. So I work harder, fill up my time more. After all, I'm still young and I want to achieve as much as I can in my life. At times I feel tired. But the thought that there are other people out there who are still striving and still improving, pushes me on. Thank goodness for this as I can see that I'm slowly reaching my goals within the time frames that I set for each respective one.

I hope that one day, I can be like the individual I spoke to this evening, and continue to teach and inspire people, while still learning and achieving, at that matured age.